Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Goals

This past weekend I set a few goals for 2012. The ones that apply to my family genealogy are:

  • Blog: Share more of my genealogy on a regular basis. Minimum of one blog post per week.
  • RootsMagic software: Learn more of its functions and begin the transfer of my records from Generations Easy Tree. This will be a manual process since I wasn't happy with the import. 
  • Research Goal: Find additional information / details on two of my 4th Great Grandfathers that died in the Civil War. Malachi Dennis Goodman and Aaron Daniel Varnum.
  • Organize Goal: Clean up my digital and paper files.
  • File as I go. No more file boxes that are on the verge of collapse.

I am using a daily project sheet and weekly project calendar to keep me focused.


So, did you set any 2012 goals?

3 comments:

  1. You sound very organized to me with a daily project sheet and a weekly calendar. Good for you. I'm with you in learning more about RootsMagic this year. After the ease of PAF (well, it wasn't easy to begin with) RootsMagic seems more complicated, but much better as far as documentation. Best wishes for obtaining your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy! We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail:

    I love how organized you are! I'll be trying to file as I go myself this year!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.